Thursday, May 28, 2009

Yukon Do It

This is a little lesson about having faith in yourself. Currently I am nannying for these people while the parents chill in Ireland for a week. My job is to basically drive the kids around, feed them, and make sure all heck doesn't break loose.
The biggest problem being they have a ginormous SUV, a Yukon, it's GMC. Anyways I'm not used to driving cars that big and the idea frightens me. Not that I really enjoy driving on busy roads already but doing it in a huge vehicle that isn't even mine does not help the matter.
Well I started practicing my driving with Bernt's truck before I got here. But really I was not feeling too great about it at all. Then today came and I got here and saw this monster of a vehicle I was like "oh gee wiz no way!"
They had me take it for a test spin and I actually feel ok with it. It's not bad at all really. A little scary backing out but that's it. So I think my pleas to Heavenly Father really helped a lot.
Just shows what prayer can do.

It also has a navigation system. This reminds me of an episode of the office which I would post a link to the clip but the parental controld prevent me from finding one. Maybe this will work.
http://video.google.com/videosearch?oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=the%20office%20navigation%20system&safe=active&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wv#q=michael+drives+into+a+lake&hl=en&emb=0

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lol, I loved that episode. "It says turn right!" "It means veer right! There's a lake right there!" "It knows what it's talking about!"

I like the name of the post, too. Oh, and just so you know, the reason you feel so comfortable is because you did take the time to practice with my truck!

- Bernt