Monday, August 12, 2013

Sacrifices

I think a lot of people see sacrifice as a negative thing. Like giving up something is going to hurt you.
I don't see this as the case. I think sacrifice is a great thing. After all, the greatest gift we have been given is the ultimate sacrifice, the Atonement.
When we sacrifice things I feel like we're becoming more Christ-like. We're choosing to give up something, that maybe we really enjoy or want, for something that will bring us closer to God in the end.
So I'm not saying we need to give up everything but maybe those things that are making us unhappy, lazy, or fogging our eternal perspective. For each person
what is sacrificed will be a personal decision between them and God.
I know that if we do sacrifice we will receive blessings.
I am going to take a look at my life and sew what things are keeping me from having a great relationship with my Heavenly Father and clouding my eternal perspective.



D&C 97:8-9 "Verily I say unto you, all among them who know their hearts are honest, and are broken, and their spirits contrite, and are willing to observe their covenants by sacrifice-yea, every sacrifice which I, the Lord, shall command-they are accepted of me.
For I, the Lord, will cause them to bring forth as a very fruitful tree which is planted in a goodly land, by a pure stream, that yieldeth much precious fruit."

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: