Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Bad Days at Work

So I think everyone has one of these. Like me today. When I first got there I spent my first hour peeling bananas...lol that sounds funy. Anyways at lunch I had to reclean my entire area because the guys who were supposed to didn't.
But that is just an example, I think that sometimes I get so frustrated with stupid little things like the guys not doing their job that I forget the whole picture. I'm obviously not the only one being effected here. The supervisors are most definately seeing them not working and they will get in trouble. And I think I should have told them things they could do. Maybe they hadn't worked at wrap bar before, perhaps I should have told them what was expected of them... I don't know. I think I get too focused on what's bothering me that I forget about the other people around me.
I think some joy I found in my journey at work today is that I got 3 cookies. And I got paid and getting money is always good. I was able to help people out with their jobs and still get mine done. My supervisor at work kept telling me how amazing I am.
So maybe next time I'm starting to have a bad day at work I should step back and think of the other people around me and what I can do for them. We can find joy through serving others. That's definately the truth.
What do you do when you have a bad day at work?

3 comments:

Jenessa said...

When I have a bad day at work... I have to take a step back and remember what I'm doing. I work with students... and not just ANY students. I work with Special Ed kids. These are those special spirits sent to Earth with a couple extra challenges. I need to be patient and love them so they can learn and grow and progress like the rest of us. I have to remember to keep that eternal perspective and realize that I can't be selfish just because I'm having a bad day.

That and I go running. Or eat chocolate.

kelzone said...

during the summer working two jobs there were definitely bad days...if i started to be negative or analyzing everthing everyone around me was doing, i'd just go talk for a minute to someone not working in my area that i like, they usually say something funny and cheer me up, then go back to work not thinking about all the stuff around me that bugs me.

Unknown said...

Usually work gets incredibly frustrating for me, and I've wanted to quit so many times. But I try to remember the people that I am helping. I try to think of the people that come to my clinic and don't have to spend money to go to the emergency room. One day, when I was incredibly frustrated by things that it seemed like I couldn't change I started wondering on my way home why I had felt so good about taking this job. And I just realized that I don't even know why the Lord wanted me here right now, but there must be something that I can do to make things better, there is a specific purpose for why I was chosen for this position at this time. That helps me to, remembering that there are things that only I can do to make good things happen in this spot right now.